The district of Pentapolis includes the settlements Lefka, Paleokastron, Skaloula, and Aegition.
In 1943 – 1944, German troops burned down the villages Aegition, Vraila, Skaloula, Karoutes, and Lidoriki. After the liberation from the Germans, the government decided to establish a new settlement for the inhabitants of the destroyed villages. The construction of the settlement started in early 1950, with a small financial aid from the state. It was officially established in 1956.